“I have attended numerous conferences provided by American Physician Institute and am consistently impressed with the level of education and scholarly review put forward by the speakers. As important, the course material is provided in written and online form, and the educational material is directly clinically relevant, which has not been my experience with other CME outfits. ”Timothy R. Burke, Los Angeles, CA
“I think API consistently provides me of the highest quality SA/CME products available; the conferences are far more than a set of lectures – they are a true multimedia learning experience which dramatically improves my retention. ”Gillian Friedman, Irvine, CA
“Will take home a lot of “clinical pearls” that I’ll incorporate into my practice immediately. Thanks! I’ll keep coming back to future conferences.”Julie Young, Farmington, NM
Blazing Answers to Burning Questions!
Join Us for Something Completely Different –
The 6th Annual Master Psychopharmacology Conference
Over the last 5 years we’ve held 13 Master Psychopharmacology Conferences (MPC). Their guiding principle has been and continues to be ‘The World’s Most Powerfully Practical Psychopharmacology Conferences’, and while we’ve delivered on our promise, you asked for more.
We listened. So, it’s time for a change. A big change.
For the 6th Annual MPC we’ve scrapped the normal approach to lectures and rebuilt them in a new way. In fact we don’t consider them lectures. We call them consultations – master consultations, in fact.
So, when you decide to join us for the 6th Annual MPC, this is what you can expect to experience and learn.
Each of our faculty members covers a major topic and provides their expert advice on how to manage the most stress-inducing and confusing clinical conundrums that you are likely to face in your day-to-day clinical work. These are the topics (a detailed agenda with a sample of the burning questions each faculty member will address is provided in a later section):
- Psychotic Disorders: Dr. Leslie Citrome
- Bipolar and Depressive Disorders: Dr. Mark Frye
- Geriatric Psychiatry: Dr. Marc Agronin
- Women’s Mental Health: Dr. Marlene Freeman
- Legal and Other Practice-Related Issues: Dr. Jack Krasuski
- Borderline Personality and Suicide Management: Dr. Jack Krasuski
And this is what NOT to expect at the 6th Annual MPC:
- Painfully detailed descriptions of new clinical studies with no discussion of how they relate to, and may impact, your daily work with patients.
- Review of investigational approaches that are not available in the USA.
- Speakers’ pet research interests that only other researchers may find interesting.
To make the learning experience even more complete, you are invited to attend the optional One-Day Fellowship that precedes the core Master Psychopharmacology conference.
Pre-Conference One-Day Fellowship: Addiction and Pain Medicine
This optional one-day pre-conference focuses on two related topics – addiction and pain disorders – in much detail and is designed to give the non-specialist the confidence to understand and better manage these conditions. Thus, we refer to this first day as the “one-day fellowship.” The agenda includes:
- Clinical Implications From Our New Understanding of the Neurobiology and Neurocircuitry of Pain and Addiction
- Identifying the Problem: Red Flags, Risk Identification and Screening in the Era of SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment)
- Heroin and Prescription Painkiller Dependence In Youth and Adults
- Cannabis Use: Legal and Illegal
- Bath Salts and Other Designer Drugs
- Impaired Professionals: Identification, Reporting Responsibilities, and Treatment
- Chronic Pain Conditions: Evaluation and Management
- Treatment Approaches for Patients with Chronic Pain and Addictions
Earn Up To 32 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)TM including 8 Self-Assessment Credits
Included in your tuition:
- Earn 16 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™ for the three-day conference
- Earn an additional 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™ for the optional One-Day Addiction and Pain Medicine Fellowship
- Plus earn an additional 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™ including 8 ABPN-approved Self-Assessment (SA) credits when you complete the optional SA test.
Note that many employers, group practices and training programs will reimburse you for the costs of these Category 1 CME activities, so be sure to ask!
2015 Fiat® Giveaway!
Now for the fun stuff – when you attend the 6th Annual MPC you will be entered to win a 2015 Fiat® like the one featured above!
Why on earth would I give away a car at a psychiatric conference? The answer is simple: I’ve always wanted to do this and the API staff finally gave in, rolled their eyes and walked away. “Do what you want,” was the consensus reaction. Why would I do this? Because it sounds like fun. We are all so busy and our work is so serious. I wanted to do something fun, exciting, irreverent, unique, and maybe even a little crazy.
Now the MPC is a successful conference and has rave reviews from attendees because of the great faculty and practical guidance that is shared by faculty. So, please don’t come just for the car. That’s just a little icing on top. On the second day of the core conference we will hold an “Ice Breaker Reception” – included in your tuition – where we raffle-off prizes, including the grand prize of the 2015 Fiat® Convertible. (Click here for Official Rules)
Make it a Mini-Vacation!
Now for more fun stuff – this Spring’s 6th Annual MPC is held at Disney's Boardwalk Resort in Florida. Not a bad place to be in March, especially if you’re from a cold and snowy part of the country like I am here in Chicago.
So, come alone, with your significant other, or the whole family. You’ll have a great time, in addition to learning a lot. And, of course, possibly driving away in your new Fiat®!
Better Than Money-Back Guarantee!
As always, the MPC has its famous 100+100 Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the conference for whatever reason then just tell me or our onsite staff that you wish to activate your guarantee. We will then refund 100% of your tuition and an additional $100 as our penalty for letting you down.
So, if you’ve attended an MPC before, know that this one will be the best one ever because of our new Blazing Answers to Burning Questions approach. If you’ve never attend, this is the best opportunity to do so.
So, please take a few moments to register now. Please join me, our API faculty and hundreds of your fellow psychiatrists at the live MPC at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. You won't regret your decision!
Yours in living to the fullest,